Saturday, December 6, 2014

Coolest College Courts

Despite the RSU women losing 62-55 in overtime Saturday at Texas A&M-Commerce, broadcasting a game played on this court made for a more enjoyable afternoon. I took this photo from the last row of stands the night before at practice. It looks way cooler from up top than it does sitting courtside. Commerce installed the new floor in the off-season. I think I like it. Yes, in fact, I do. I thought it a bit strange until I took the picture and started researching different court designs across the country. Unique court designs have been in vogue the last few years. I would rank this one in my top 10. It has to be the coolest one in Division 2. I stumbled across a website that posted the 13 coolest courts in college basketball. Click HERE to view them. My favorite design is at San Jose State. I also like the ones at Memphis and George Washington. James Madison has a really fun one. Check 'em out, maybe you've seen one in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment